Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The Veterinary Technician Externship Program with Southern Veterinary Partners (SVP) gives you beneficial working experience while providing valuable mentorship, and networking opportunities. The program offers a wide variety of learning opportunities for current Veterinary Technology and Veterinary Assistant students.
- At SVP, veterinary technician externships are designed for the veterinary technician student who is required to complete an externship and is seeking additional training and experience at a small animal practice. Students will work closely with our entire hospital staff to develop skills needed to meet the requirements of their individual program.
- The externship will provide a structured clinical experience supervised by a credentialed veterinary technician or DVM, depending on your externship location. Experiences may include anesthesia, critical care, dentistry & oral surgery, dermatology, internal medicine, radiology, laboratory procedures, and animal nursing.
- As an extern, you are part of a well-designed training program that provides you with the experience to complete your veterinary technician education. Externs have many opportunities for participation and observation of many advanced cases. You will interact with DVMs, credentialed veterinary technicians, hospital managers, veterinary assistants, and in some locations, board certified specialists.
- The duration varies based on requirements of the student’s program and is most often three to ten weeks. Students are responsible for their own accommodations.